Monday 12 March 2012

Week 9 - Is that a BUMP?!

Is that a baby? Or just all that cake I've been eating...?

Length of Pregnancy: 9 weeks 6 days

Weight gained: 20lbs (started at 8 stone - now 9 stone 6!)

Mood: Feeling pretty happy considering all the physical complications! *** See below

Physical symptoms: SICK SICK SICK and bloated. And hellishly tired. Diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum and had to spend 4 days in hospital on an IV. Not ideal. (See upcoming post if you want to know all the drama!)

Cravings: When I'm not throwing up - carbs. Savoury things like bread, pasta & potatoes. Plus Marmite. 

Queasy or sick triggers:  Aversion to most things this week, but I can't stand being around cigarette smoke or anything that smells of meat.  

Missing: Never thought I'd say this, but running.

Best thing this week: All the times I'm not feeling or being sick! And of course, all the support I've had from my friends.   

Interesting fact: My baby is now almost 0.90 inch long from crown to rump, and weighs about 0.07 ounce.

Things learnt this week:  

1. That if I started off a bit underweight, I can expect to gain more than someone of average proportions. Supposedly 3-4 stone! 

2. In order to keep meals/fluid down, I need to sip water throughout the day, whilst eating little and often.

Things I'm looking forward to: Finding any groups/meet ups for those who are pregnant. 

What I've been eating this week: Goodies Mini Gingerbread Men


Just what the doctor ordered.

Now these bad boys are something else. They contain organic wholegrain flour and are sweetened only with organic grape juice. There are no artificial colours or flavours, no hydrogenated fat and no added salt. If that wasn't enough, they are, of course, ginger. And ginger, as I'm sure you already know, has been one of the most useful natural remedies for surviving morning sickness for donkeys years.

Although they are made for children (12m +) the mini bags contain more than enough as a little snack. In fact, they are the perfect amount to stave off those sick feelings without tipping you over the edge.

The only slight hesitation? I hate ginger. Luckily for me, these little biscuits aren't very gingery. And I figure that to get its healing properties I'll just have to eat more. No problemo!

No comments:

Post a Comment